Friday, January 24, 2014

Christmas and Making Minis


Hi, everyone! I'm sorry I haven't blogged in so long, but school has controlled my mind, so all I could think of was work, work, work! (it's a little like zombies thinking of brains all the time, but who knows. Maybe they only want to build a miniature graveyard instead of eating brains). Ok, back to the point. Anyway, I finally have time to blog because of the strange weather we're having in Alaska. Today, school was canceled on account of an ice storm, but it's 41 degrees out! Very strange, but I'm thankful all the same since I get to do projects all the while! 

The fairies don't mind the weather, since I make sure their weather is normal. However, it's very hard to make weather accurate on a dollhouse lawn. Right now, the fairies have snow, but it doesn't look to be melting. However, the fairies don't seem to care, since they love the outdoors.


Ever since it snowed, Cordelia built 4 jolly snowmen to keep her company. They love to form a conga line and dance to their hearts' content on every snowy day!

Unfortunately, I couldn't do the Christmas blog in December. However, I thought everyone would like to see the pictures for Christmas anyway, since they bring everyone good cheer, no matter the season!



Rose loves to decorate the house for any occasion, so she put up christmas lights that can turn on easily. I like to turn them on in the dark.



On Christmas Eve, Cordelia sneaked downstairs to peek at the presents. She knew Stella (the poodle) wouldn't tattle on her.

Rose and Cordelia worked side by side while making these petite gingerbread houses. The saying,"great minds think alike" must be true with the fairies, since both houses look very similar.

For breakfast on Christmas morning, Cordelia had berries and hot chocolate, as well as homemade rolls.

This is the Pickering family. They were one of the best Christmas presents I've ever received, and as soon as I finish the Lily, this cherished family will be moving right in. For now, they will visit the fairies. (From left to right; Ezra, Edward, Rebecca, and Charlotte with baby Morina).

 Christmas time is the best with minis. 

Besides making things for the holidays, I've also been working on making food to go on the dining room table for the Lily.  This is a roast pigeon dish that is meant to be the main course. I varnished the meat after putting a little bit of gold  and brown paint on it. The paint was applied after I baked the clay, but rubbing alcohol has to be applied before the paint, otherwise it won't stick.    
This is the whole feast. Rose and Cordelia have invited their new alien friends to dine with them. "We come in peace while eating!" 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah! It is so nice to hear from you on your blog again and boy do I remember "Snow days" :)) Lots of fun! Your Christmas scene and the cute little gingerbread houses are wonderful and the new Family that is slated for the Lily doll's house are the perfect little family group for that house. I bet you are inspired now to get the Lily ready for them. With a family of 5, I'm sure they will welcome and appreciate all of that extra room! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful blog! I love your writing and I love the miniature work you are doing. I could eat that feast! Oh, wait ~ the aliens beat me to it!

    I didn't know you got the Pickering Family for your Lily. They look quite delightful. I can see and hear their personalities coming through. By the time their Lily is built, they will have a lot of stories to tell.

    I'm looking forward to your next blog.

    Love,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete