Saturday, August 3, 2013

Proud Auntie, Proud Mom

I am so happy for Hannah and so proud of her! But, the news is hers so I will leave you in suspense until she posts her own blog. 

I returned home a few days ago from a visit with my son and his sweetie in San Francisco. I had a wonderful time visiting with them! They are both glass artists and I thoroughly enjoyed an afternoon with them in the glass studio watching them work, and even getting to help blowing the glass a couple of times. I had seen videos of Dale Chihuly at work, but have never been to a glass studio and seen glass blowing in action before. Caleb and Masayo are a team in all ways, and it was a pleasure to watch them work together on their art glass. 







It was both hard to leave San Francisco and nice to be home. 

Now it is time to get back to organizing at home, getting my classroom ready for the upcoming school year, playing music, and working on minis. I bought materials to make a couple of fire places for the Lily, but I need to reorganize my work area first.

I'm looking forward to Hannah's next post!

~ Chris



4 comments:

  1. Great photos of artists in action. Looks like creativity just flows throughout your family tree! Glad to hear that you had a good time.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glass blowing must be incredibly fun. Of course I'm so accident prone I better stay away from that.
    Did you get your embroidery on the plane?
    Can't wait for the big news from Hannah.
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris! I also love blown glass and what a treat to see it done in person! I also love San Francisco, a double treat for you as well as a visit with your loved ones. Welcome home again, and I look forward to hearing Hannah's update.

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I betcha you will have some wonderful glass pieces in your home. My hat goes off to you preparing for the return of school. I would mind taking a class in glass blowing myself!

    ReplyDelete