Finally! I had enough pieces popped out and labeled, enough time, and enough hand comfort and mobility to do a preliminary dry fit. For the most part, it went smoothly and made sense. That is ~ until it came to the front wall.
This is the Lily lying on her side. See the long slit in the board on the right, above the two swatches of blue tape? The front wall was supposed to slip in there. The thing is, it is a very tight fit and wrangling with it was just threatening to break off a part of the porch or front wall.
This is the front wall piece that is supposed to slide in. The slit under the double door is supposed to go into the slit in the floor and the piece is supposed to slide in place.
Only sliding was NOT a happening thing. Argh!
I ended up filing the tabs on both the floor and the front wall down a bit to accommodate the tightness.
I didn't want to make too much of a change because in the end, I do want everything to fit together tightly.
Once the two pieces finally fit together, I needed to pound some of the tabs in to hold the front wall to the second and third floors, and supporting walls. So far, this has been the most challenging part of the build.
There it is ~ in place!
The fin coming up the middle of the roof is where the mansard roof will attach. That will be tomorrow's venture.
This is a very spacious dollhouse compared to the Aster and the Orchid. There is access from the back of the house seen here, and also access from the side.
The is the side access, next to the bay wall. My Aster Fairy House is photo~bombing. :-)
This was a gratifying day. Now I can picture where this is going, and get some ideas about what I want to do with the interior. Time to let her talk to me before I start working on the stairways and trim.