Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Making Dishes

Posted by Chris

I decided to try my hand at making some little plates this afternoon. I knew they would look, well... rustic, since I have to do it all left handed.  My mother had earthenware Stangl dishes when we were growing up. This was one of the Stangl patterns we had.


I don't know if it is just because I grew up with them, but I still love them and have some of the original plates from childhood.  This is the tiger lily pattern and one of my favorites.

When I made little plates today, I wanted to approximate the Stangl patterns, knowing full well that I would not do them real justice, at least until I get the use of my right hand back. They don't, but they still came out kind of sweet.


I used a cake decorating nozzle to cut them out, painted them with acrylic paint, painted the backs of them a terra cotta color, and gave them a light coat of varnish.



They make a nice setting with the bread, butter, cheese, and cherries I made a couple of days ago.






Countdown: 5 more days until (hopefully) I get the use of my right hand back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment