The day I have been waiting for has finally arrived. My right hand has been let out of solitary confinement and is out in the world again. It's a little stiff from restraint, and still a little swollen, but it's great to have two hands to work with again.
So, now it is finally time to really get started on The Lily. I have promised myself to limit the amount of time I spend on it at any one time and, for a while, on any one day. My tendency is to hyper-focus on what I'm working on and tune out little messages ~ like pain. Since I'm still healing, the plan is to build up to full use of my hand slowly.
I was hoping to get to the dry fit stage of building today, but oh my! There are so many sheets and so many pieces. I deluded myself into thinking I could start the dry fit if I only popped out the larger pieces and the slots. But there are so many of them.
This is my favorite part of the instructions:
LOL! It is hard to look at all of the pieces and not run screaming from the room. Okay, step by step....
I had started labeling and organizing pieces a couple of weeks ago, so not all of this is from today's work. Today, I went through the sheets that had the walls, partitions, and floors needed before beginning to dry fit the shell. Some of the little slots and window pieces are in there pretty good, so I decided to wait until tomorrow to tackle extracting them.
Here is today's progress. It doesn't look like much yet but bit by bit, it will come together.
I found these tiny skeins of yard at JoAnne Fabrics a couple of days ago.
They may be the wrong scale for knitting for a dollhouse; the jury is out on that count. They definitely rate high on the sweetness scale. Any knitting projects are a long way off; more healing to do and a lot of other projects lined up. I love to knit during the school year. I get quite a few students started on knitting when I do.
It felt wonderful to make some noticeable progress on The Lily today. I had thought I would launch into that weeks ago!