Monday, June 3, 2013

Day 1 ~ Chris




This kit is huge! I took this photo last night; Stella can give it a bit of scale for the photo, although she was none too happy posing this time because she was distracted by a coyote in the yard. For Stella, it was irritating to be kept from barking at the window, for me it was a bit daunting to even open the box just knowing the amount of little pieces that were inside. I gathered all of my courage to open it this afternoon, reminding myself that anything is possible if you just take one step at a time.



On the top of the enormous pile of dollhouse building materials were the roofing tiles and the siding, both delicate and in danger of becoming a pile of roofing and siding rubble. Sometimes I grumble at myself for being a hoarder, but this was one of those times when I patted myself on the back for keeping 'stuff'. The perfect solution was two of the clear plastic bags you put veggies in at the groceries store. I slipped the roofing tile sheet and loose bits into two bags and taped them together, then did the same for the siding. Now they will stay together until I need them.



There they are, keeping company with my guitar!


There are seventeen (17!!) sheets of pieces to be labeled, bagged, sanded, and prepped. One step at a time, one step at a time....
 :-)


I needed these!


                                   These were some of the larger pieces.


I labeled the pieces on sheets 16, 17, 14, and 11 with a thin mechanical pencil. Here is sheet 11 all labeled, punched out and placed in a labeled bag ready to sand and prep.

That feels like a job well done; I'll save the rest for tomorrow.


4 comments:

  1. Very Cool idea for a blog, and some wonderful kits - Look forward to seeing them come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, this looks really scary! Our box is sitting ominously waiting to be opened...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Powell Girls3! This is a really clever idea to have a community blog! I have the greatest admiration for originality and your blog and postings are certainly that! Thank you ladies for joining my blog and I hope that we can inspire each other in creative pursuits and our mutual love for minis!

    elizabeth

    p.s. I see that you have the Arthur doll's house. So do I, and I am in the process of customizing it. I really enjoy seeing how everyone make their kits into what interests them and makes them happy! I shall follow your progress with great interest as you begin working on The Lily, Chris!

    ReplyDelete